In today’s competitive economy, time for conceptualization to bringing the product in the market has been reducing rapidly. Performing CAE/CFD simulations during product development is an industry norm. In such a scenario, automation of CAE/CFD workflows is key to success for any organization to bring technologically innovative products at a faster pace in a market. To cater these needs, Novus Nexus has come up with advanced CFD pre-processor with innovative “Abstract Modelling” technology to automate CFD workflows.
FluidNexus is a novel CFD pre-processor intended to facilitate efficient, automated simulation based design (SBD)
processes delivering reliable results for decision making.
CFD analysts tasked with creating and analyzing virtual prototypes are faced with a number of tedious and time-consuming tasks. These include generally:
- CAD geometry translation
- Geometry cleanup
- Manual meshing processes
- Re-applying problem physics (e.g. boundary and volume conditions whenever the product geometry changes.)
When time-consuming tasks coincide with a shortage of analysts, assuring timely availability of CFD results for design decisions becomes impossible.
FluidNexus relieves CFD analysts from routine, time-wasting tasks through the implementation of the following three concepts.
- FluidNexus avoids geometry conversion and clean-up efforts by using CAD system functionality to create the CFD mesh directly from the CAD model.
- The mesh is always created automatically, which accelerates this step in the simulation process.
- Finally, FluidNexus employs geometry-independent, re-usable Abstract Models to define a CFD simulation model. When combined with a CAD model, Abstract Models behave like a recipe to automatically execute the type of simulation they have been created for. Thanks to the automated process, they always create the same accuracy, comparable results, whether used by CFD specialists or product designers without CFD knowledge. Hence, CFD verifications can be performed when needed and not only when an analyst is available.
FluidNexus System Overview :
A CFD simulation process based on FluidNexus can be executed in two roles, authoring, and production.
Authoring mode involves the creation, editing, testing and debugging of an abstract model during the initial setup of the workflow. Authoring of abstract models is usually performed by CFD specialists.
Production mode means the automatic generation of a 3D CFD mesh and solver input files by simply selecting a CAD model and corresponding abstract model.
CFD CAD Creation: This mode involves capturing/deriving fluid space in CAD model using a smart combination of parametric, library and manual feature creation with top down CAD modeling approach.
After CFD CAD and the abstract model file gets ready then the user can use Production mode for automatic generation of a 3D CFD mesh and solver input files by simply selecting a CAD model and corresponding abstract model.
Supported CAD Modelers
- Pro/Engineer-4.0, Pro/Engineer-5.0
- Creo-1.0, Creo-2.0
Supported CFD Solvers